Seven Things Globalisation Lovers Talk About
* Industrialised countries should agree to an accelerated phase out of the Multi-Fibre Agreement, and to cuts in tariffs on textiles and garments.
* Farm subsidies should be restructured to reduce over-production and support less intensive agriculture, with an immediate ban on exports of agricultural goods at prices below costs of production.
* The public health safeguards in the TRIPS agreement should be strengthened and the wider agreement reformed to allow developing countries scope for importing, copying and adapting new technologies.
* There should be no compulsion on developing countries to enter liberalisation negotiations in areas such as services, investment, procurement, and competition policy.
* The IMF and the World Bank should remove trade liberalisation from its loan conditions.
* The challenge of stabilising primary commodity prices at levels consistent with a commitment to poverty reduction should be brought to the centre of the international trade agenda.